Natural and herbal remedies for the treatment of sinusitis.
Select a Topic
- What is Sinusitis?
- Diagnosing Sinusitis
- What Causes Sinusitis?
- Help for Sinusitis
- More Information on Sinusitis
I received my order yesterday, which is FANTASTIC! I also wanted to say thank you. I sent an email to Ask our Experts, and I was surprised at the speed [of the response]. Thanks so much for the excellent service!
–Rachel Irving, Singapore
The most common symptoms and signs of sinusitis include:
- Pain or pressure in the forehead, eyes or cheeks
- Post nasal drip
- Stuffy nose
- Runny nose
- Aching in the upper teeth
- Sore throat
- A cold that seems to get better, then worsens
Natural and holistic treatments have been used for centuries to reduce the symptoms of sinusitis. Very often conventional medications have harsh side effects and using more natural alternatives like herbal and homeopathic remedies are much safer and gentler for the body.
A highly effective herb is Quercitin which contains anti-oxidants and helps to promote healthy circulation and boosts immunity. Another carefully selected herb is Euphrasia officinalis (Eyebright) which is beneficial for good eye health. In addition, homeopathic ingredients such as Arsen alb, Nat. mur. and Kali mur. help to maintain the skin and nervous system as well as liver health.
There are a number of things that you can do to minimize episodes of sinusitis and they include:
- Eat a healthy, well balanced diet that contains plenty of vegetables and fruit to boost the immune system
- Drink lots of water which prevents congestion, drains the mucous and increases moisture in the body
- Avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea or cola, as they cause dehydration
- Drink honey and lemon in hot water
- Practice good hygiene habits by washing hands thoroughly with water and soap
- Avoid contact with people who have colds and flu
- Use a humidifier in your home to moisten the air
- Install air conditioners to stabilize the temperature
- Attach filters to heaters and air conditioners to remove allergens from the air
- Avoid cigarette smoke and other air pollutants which aggravates the sinus lining
- Reduce your intake of alcohol as this causes the nasal membranes to swell
- Inhale steam by leaning over a bowl of hot water for a few minutes to loosen mucous and moisten the throat
- Avoid swimming in chlorine treated pools and steer clear of diving as it causes sinus infections